Senior Data Engineer/Data Lead
Leading the Data Strategy and Architecture for an exciting Health-tech start up
Job Role Summary
We’re an exciting start-up looking to rapidly grow our company, skillset and digital solutions. We’ve already had amazing traction within the NHS and are rapidly spreading internationally. We are currently performing high quality medical research funded by the National Institute of Health Research with future research projects in the planning phase.
We are looking for an experienced senior data engineer to lead our data journey. This will initially be working with the Little Journey senior management team to develop processes, operations and data capture procedures. This will include the creation of our data architecture and layers, feature creation, and data ingestion and pipelines to drive analytic solutions. As our solution and use of data grows, the role will include expanding and managing the expertise within the data team.
Please get in touch if you are looking for a job that enables you to make a large, positive impact globally.
Senior Data Engineer/Data Lead at Little Journey
This role requires deep understanding of data architecture, data engineering, data analysis, reporting, and a basic understanding of data science techniques and workflows in additional to basic understanding on business processes supported by the data pipeline. As a senior data engineer at Little Journey you will:
- Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ELT principles and business goals
- Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve our goals
- Engineer features by using their business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate internal and external data sources
- Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering to improve our productivity as a team
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to colleagues and clients
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements
- strong personal organisational skills
- a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years professional work experience required in data engineering or architecture role
- Expertise in ELT and data analysis and experience with SQL and at least one programming language (Python)
- experience with Azure cloud technologies — Azure Data Share, Data Factory, Data Lake
- experience developing solutions on cloud computing services and infrastructure in the data and analytics space
- an appreciation for layered data architectures
- experience building reliable data pipelines
- database development experience using a variety of relational, NoSQL, and cloud database technologies, MongoDB preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining data warehouses in big data solutions
- experience with data visualization tools, PowerBI preferred — Tableau, Plotly, etc.
- familiarity with Windows and Linux operating systems
- a proven ability to merge and transform disparate internal & external data sets together to create new features
- experience with HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FIHR) data specification (desirable)
- experience linking with Electronic Health Records (EHR) systems (desirable)
- intellectual curiosity to understand and answer questions
- intellectual humility to leverage the expertise of others
- capable of producing quality components in a well-architected solution
- an enthusiastic and experienced technologist with a passion for building high-quality production systems
- not afraid to voice your opinion, but pragmatic enough to understand the needs of the project and team come first
- a strong team player that can work with a team of highly skilled and talented individuals
- able to work independently when called upon
- able to efficiently learn and solve new business domains and problems
- familiar with agile methodologies
- a strong communicator with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts and align organization on decisions
- a sound problem-solver with the ability to quickly process complex information and present it clearly and simply
- able to utilise team collaboration to create innovative solutions efficiently
- able to coach, mentor, and collaborate with business partners, analysts, and team members
- creating simplicity from complex systems, processes and business problems
- striving to create the best possible solution from a number of creative options
- staying ahead by advancing your current technical skillset, with also a drive to explore technology evolution trends
- learning about technology and are excited about the impact of emerging / disruptive technologies
- learning new concepts within both the technical and business process realms
Are you Interested?
That’s great! Click the button below to send us a message, or send your CV and Portfolio in an email to: email@example.com
Have a Question?
Whether you want to chat about our work, give us some feedback or simply say ‘hello’. We would love to hear from you!