Steering an exciting Health-tech start up to success
Job Role Summary
We’re an exciting start-up looking to rapidly grow our company and accelerate growth globally. We’ve already had amazing traction within the NHS and are rapidly spreading internationally. We are currently performing high quality medical research funded by the National Institute of Health Research with future research projects in the planning phase.
We are looking for a Commercial director to steer and accelerate our growth internationally. You will be responsible for Little Journey’s commercial activities using your customer insight and expertise to support product development, pricing policy and the go-to-market strategies.
Please get in touch if you are looking for a role that enables you to make a large, positive impact globally.
Commercial Director at Little Journey
This role requires a deep understanding of the life science sector, the challenges of being a health tech SME and its globalisation. In addition, knowledge and experience in working with contract research organisations, healthcare organisations and pharma.
As the Little Journey commercial director you will:
- Develop and implement commercial strategies in line with company goals and objectives, with the aim to accelerate growth globally.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.) as well as to understand threats.
- Manage existing client relationships – understanding their requirements, ensuring their needs are met.
- Design and implement new sales and customer acquisition strategies.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other Little Journey team members to ensure our customer facing content is optimised
- Negotiate ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers; managing and reviewing contracts and making recommendations regarding commerciality.
- Monitoring performance of commercial activities using key metrics
- Establishing and maintaining long-term, profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Assisting with setting, managing and monitoring financial targets and budget development.
- Prioritise the right business opportunities, shaping the strategic direction on both short- and long-term opportunities.
- Grow our commercial team and lead them to success.
As the Little Journey commercial director, you will be expected to work full time to achieve the above objectives. You will be working closely with the Little Journey executive team, reporting to the CEO and board. The role can be performed in a hybrid fashion with the 3-4 days per week performed remotely as required. As well as available working space, we will hold regular face-to-face team meetings to support a cohesive and inclusive working environment.
We believe you will:
- Have a background working in health technology, life sciences or healthcare
- Have an intimate understanding of these markets/customer groups
- Have experience working in a fast-moving commercial environment
- Have experience working with contract research organisations and pharma
- Have strong personal organisational and communication skills
- Have intellectual humility to leverage the expertise of others
- Have practical experience leading an SME in their commercial growth in the UK and abroad.
- Be passionate about our mission to support children to better health
- Be able to identify new role requirements, lead and manage the commercial team
Are you Interested?
That’s great! Click the button below to send us a message, or send your CV and Portfolio in an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a Question?
Whether you want to chat about our work, give us some feedback or simply say ‘hello’. We would love to hear from you!